A+ | A - | RESET
Fixed | Wide | Full | Reset

The Dragon Clan

Advanced search
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 04:29:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Crane]IKIRYOOMGYOUJERK!  (Read 4918 times)
0 Members and Guests are viewing this topic.
Togashi Ayame
Master

Beloved of the Clan

View Profile WWW
« on: January 01, 2013, 06:28:03 PM »

Shared from the Crane Forums (deck made by Wedge), because it's just too funny.
http://homeofthecraneclan.com/index.php?topic=7214.0

I've heard about many "stupid" or "lame" decks in Emperor Edition, but this one is just... words cannot describe it. I've playtested it a tiny little bit myself, and it just makes me giggle like crazy whenever the Ikiryo-Bomb goes off.

Quote from: Wedge
Since AEG decided to murderdeathkill the last deck I built, I decided to post a basic frame for another one of my dumb decks for funsies. While I don't believe in using perfect storm scenarios to gauge deck merit, I can't help but chuckle when I can feasibly cause just shy of 500 pts of honor loss t2.  It's designed, however, to go off T3. Card draw is totally fair and balanced right?  Angel

1 The Aerie
1 Border Keep - exp
1 Bamboo harvesters

# Dynasty (40)

# Events (Ocho)
1 Imperial Gift
1 Wisdom Gained
1 Signs and Portents
1 Harsh Choices
1 Gaining Advantage
1 Benefices of the Emperor
1 The Emerald Championship
1 Starting on the Path

# Celestials (2)
1 Jurojin's Blessing
1 Doji's Guidance - exp

# Regions (1)
1 The Second City

# Holdings (20)
3 Overlooked Palace
3 Venerable Master
1 The Seekers' Temple
1 Temples of Gisei Toshi
3 Incense Mill
3 Second City Dojo
3 Small Library
3 Temple to the Elements

# Personalities (9)
3 Asako Jukko
3 Tanemono
3 Kakita Seishi

# Fate (37)

# Strategies (27)
1 A Game of Dice
3 The Courtesy of the Crane
3 Introspection
3 Rhetoric
3 Perfect Sacrifice
3 Sneak Attack
3 Spirit of the Paragon
3 Murderous Intent
3 Urgency
1 Astonishing Accusation
1 near miss

# Followers (3)
3 Ikiryo

# Items (4)
3 Hato-gurama
1 The Topaz Armor - exp

# Rings (3)
1 Ring of Air
1 Ring of the Void
1 Ring of Fire

I know what I'm playing the rest of Emperor Edition once Legality goes into effect.  Grin

Dragon Clan • Artisan • Hero • Monk • Enlightened • Soul of Togashi Kotoha • Dragon Clan's Little Sister • Tamori Sumire
<- first donations in
Togashi Jo
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 07:01:50 PM »

Why did you bring this here?  (facepalm)

I was Tamori Chikyu at Winter Court 3
Here's my card:  Alchemy Lab
Togashi Azrael
Acolyte

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 04:03:29 AM »

This deck breaks rule #1: Don't be a dick.

Good for a couple of laughs though.

Anthony Ngo * Mountain Tuna * The Vanguard
Vanguard's Additional Battle Action
Monk - Tattooed - Enlightened
Naranjo
Initiate

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 04:18:16 AM »

Why do I get the feeling I'm being trolled with this decklist?  I hope I'm not missing something obvious...

I see a decent bomb combo there, but only one card that makes a courtier.
Togashi Azrael
Acolyte

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 04:39:06 AM »

"Ikiryo ranged attack as big as possible and Rhetoric the honour loss. Attach the Topaz armor to Tanemono after playing Spirit of the Paragon on him, pump his force with Murderous, switch it with his Chi, make the Ranged attack, and send the loss to your opponent. Also abuse Incense Mill and Jukko for extra force/chi."

Shaky, but combo-tastic when it hits. Someone needs to test the efficiency in an environment that may still have blitz in it.

Anthony Ngo * Mountain Tuna * The Vanguard
Vanguard's Additional Battle Action
Monk - Tattooed - Enlightened
Togashi Ayame
Master

Beloved of the Clan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 11:13:49 AM »

"Ikiryo ranged attack as big as possible and Rhetoric the honour loss. Attach the Topaz armor to Tanemono after playing Spirit of the Paragon on him, pump his force with Murderous, switch it with his Chi, make the Ranged attack, and send the loss to your opponent. Also abuse Incense Mill and Jukko for extra force/chi."

Shaky, but combo-tastic when it hits. Someone needs to test the efficiency in an environment that may still have blitz in it.

I've fishbowled it only so far, but 3 out of 10 games now, I've pulled it off on T3. Grin  Anything from 40 to 200 in Dishonor, and it can theoratically go much higher.

Because Card-Draw is just fair and balanced, right? Wink

Dragon Clan • Artisan • Hero • Monk • Enlightened • Soul of Togashi Kotoha • Dragon Clan's Little Sister • Tamori Sumire
<- first donations in
Naranjo
Initiate

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 03:35:18 PM »

Last night, I had failed to appreciate that Introspection could be used to pluck out the Topaz Armor, even though I saw the dishonor combo.

With that in mind... my rough-draft variant of this out of DBC is about as silly.  Test #1 had it bombing Zerks for 224 on T3 defending unopposed.  Of course, as reliable as this absurd combo can get, one major disruption ends its game.  While we lack Courtesy of the Crane, we get Togashi's Guidance for extra ring-sleaze and DBC for extra protection.

I don't think it can be competitively viable in any incarnation however; ToP disproportionately punishes it, and Broken Alliance says "game over".  I'm sure one could mess around with it to improve resiliency, but I don't see it jumping those two hurdles... especially the second one.

EDIT: As an aside, am I missing some kind of ruling as to how Incense Mill can be "abused" to get more force/chi?  I see its usefulness vs. force penalties, etc... but even if it interacted with the "switch", I don't see it contributing to a larger honor loss.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:41:11 PM by Naranjo » Logged
dkheinrich
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 12:17:24 PM »

what is astonishing accusation used for? and why overlooked palace and venerable master?

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:23:05 PM by dkheinrich » Logged

Ad'karst - The Original Dark Naga
Togashi Draco
Monk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 02:03:32 PM »

EDIT: As an aside, am I missing some kind of ruling as to how Incense Mill can be "abused" to get more force/chi?  I see its usefulness vs. force penalties, etc... but even if it interacted with the "switch", I don't see it contributing to a larger honor loss.

When you switch stats you are simply giving a penalty/bonus to the appropriate stat.  so Incense Mill would negate the penalty to the force stat when the stats are switched.  So you could crush provinces while dishonor bombing (assuming you had a way to straighten, or elite)

Togashi Ayame
Master

Beloved of the Clan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 03:06:19 PM »

When you switch stats you are simply giving a penalty/bonus to the appropriate stat.  so Incense Mill would negate the penalty to the force stat when the stats are switched.  So you could crush provinces while dishonor bombing (assuming you had a way to straighten, or elite)

Oh my... I actually didn't think of it that way. I actually just thought it was to prevent locking down abilities and such.

<- first donations in
Pages: [1]
Jump to: